Saturday, 1 August 2026

A room with a view and Cockerel

 Yesterday my DH and I visited an Arts and Crafts fair.  My sewing group entered a piece of work each, of the view outside our window where we have been meeting once a month for over 15 years.


We picked this angle because we liked the building and the reeds in the foreground.  I turned my piece into a book cover.


And here are all the interpretations of the view, with three of the group getting 'Highly Commended' and the rest a 'Commended'


One of the group wrote a nice piece explaining what we did and how it wasn't just about the sewing, it was more about the friendships and support we have forged over the years!

It was a good day out and we both really enjoyed ourselves.

I haven't had a chance to add much more to my cockerel but after starting to stitch the leaves on the right of the picture I realised it should have been the red/brown thread rather than the light brown.  I can't take it out as it would be really tricky so I am going to stitch his legs next, which should be in the light brown and hope I have enough thread and then go back to the leaves!  A bit annoying but not the end of the world.


Joshua also asked me to make an apron like his sisters.  He chose the fabric only problem is you can't see his name very clearly but hopefully he won't mind!  I did most of the apron on the overlocker so it was a really quick make.


I will link up later with Kathy for some slow Sunday stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment